Monday, July 5, 2010

Cherry Creek Arts Festival - wow!

Sunday I spent the day with my Dallas friends Marcy and Bob who were in town for the Cherry Creek Arts Festival. This is one of the premier arts festivals in the country, it is extremely selective, and yet there is something for everyone. I was wowed by the variety and the incredibly high craftsmanship of all the artists. Most artists have lots of great ideas, it's the ones who can pull off their concept by creating and communicating with something amazing that stand a chance of making it in the world of selling your art.

My shopping friend Marcy found plenty of beautiful things to buy while Bob and I gave our opinions on which earrings were better. We walked, stopped for lunch, then walked some more as Bob carefully read the map so we didn't miss anything. (As opposed to me who wanders aimlessly and doesn't care if I miss something!) We had a really fun time! Just as we finished in the late afternoon, the weather took a turn for the worse, so we went to see the movie "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" which I have been wanting to see for months. We all loved it (the sequel comes out this weekend). Then we ate a delicious Chinese dinner and called it a super day!

No comments:

Post a Comment