Friday, June 25, 2010

So Great Being with Cass and Herb


Tuesday I spent most of the day with my wonderful cousin Cass who lives in Castle Rock, a little less than an hour south of Denver. Her mahjong group kicked my ass, but it was fun to play anyway! Afterwards we took a nice hike in her scenic, hilly neighborhood. Cass and her husband Herb and I had dinner on their porch and as always, there was tasty wine and interesting conversation. What a relaxing day!

I've been eating vegetarian since I got here, and I feel great! Now my version includes fish and seafood, which is not true Colorado vegetarianism, but it is a big step for me. With Whole Foods just down the block and several other specialty organic stores as well as the weekend farmer's market close by, it is easy to find tasty, fresh food anytime. Most restaurants offer a large selection of vegetarian choices as well. Coloradoans are a healthy and fit bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment